Or so say Sam and Dean Winchester.
Which is exactly who I decided to name the babies after. The solitary male has been named Dean, and I took the creative license of naming his closest sister Sammy, and his other two sisters are Jo and Charlie.
I have a distinct theme going on with my outdoor kitties. Besides Roo, who I didn't name, they've all been named for characters, literary or television. Dorian was taken from The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde. And Smoak was named for Felicity Smoak from the comic/tv series Arrow. And now, I have my Supernatural babies.
And a friend of mine is coming tomorrow to meet them, and possibly adopt one.
I would really like Sam and Dean to go to a home together, because they do seem to be the two that are most attached to each other. Jo and Charlie are more independent. If I can't find homes for all of them, Jo and Charlie would be better suited to being outdoor cats. They're more interested in chasing bugs and doing their own thing. Sammy and Dean are my cuddle bugs, and more interested in playing with each other or climbing all over me.
I bought a new toy for Mari, and she has been going absolutely bananas over it. It's called Smarty Kat feather whirl. Basically, a battery operated ball with a feather wand that whips around for them to chase. The other cats play with it, too, but not like she does. Which is good, since she's the one that needs the exercise. She's gotten big, and besides her chronic wheezing/sneezing fits, she has a back leg that is unattached (Still functions, she runs and jumps and does every other normal thing. On X-ray, though, it's either dislocated or otherwise unattached. No idea why or how, it's been like that since she came to me.) So, I worry about her a little more than the others.
Gremlin, Zi and Roo are huge fans of the automated laser toy I bought for them a while ago. Finally got the batteries replaced. I've been turning it on a little while before bed, and letting it run through a couple of cycles, and then turning it on again whenever I wake up during the night. Gremlin hasn't been nearly as much of a jerk lately, which means I get better sleep. :)
Maddie has been playing with both toys, depending on his mood. Itty just isn't a fan of toys that aren't laced with nip. I need to pick up a new sewing kit to make new nip bags for them. I broke my needle threader, and my hands just aren't steady enough to thread one without it.
D-dog needs to get her nails trimmed tomorrow. She's overdue for it.
Dorian's leg has healed up, and the fur around it is coming back. So... drama free, at least for a few days.
No comments:
Post a Comment