(look for weekend updates)

Sunday, May 3, 2015

The Garden Keepers

I got started on my rock/herb garden this weekend.  It doesn't look like much, but at least it's something more than a hole in the ground.  I put in a boatload of mint - chocolate mint, apple mint, spearmint and peppermint - but I still need to find some more cat mint.  Although, the bush I put in last year has exploded.  It's already nice and full and ready to be picked.  I'm surprised Dorian, Roo and Smoak haven't torn it up.

Then again, Roo is busy forgetting he's a cat -


Unless he's lounging in the Lily Jungle, like the ferocious predator that he is.





I can never catch Dorian doing anything cute, other than napping by the basement window, or rolling in the dirt.  He's just not that kind of cat.





They met the lawnmower this afternoon, and decided they did not want to be friends with it.  Roo kept giving me a "mom... the hell are you doing?" look.  And Dorian ran for cover.

I think D-dog had a good Sundog.  After an oh-so-traumatic trip to get her toes trimmed, she got to go for a long walk in the park.  We did two laps, roughly 2.6 miles.  She got to smell things, and got scratches from a bunch of little kids who thought she was just awesome, and met some other dogs who were taking their humans out for a stroll, too.  If she had been able to chase the geese or jump in the pond, she would have been in puppy heaven.  But, that kind of thing is frowned on, by both the authorities and momma... who would have to deal with icky-pond-doggie-stink.  Yes, that is the technical term. :)

She's laying on her bed looking pretty tuckered out.  Between the walk and the lawnmower, I have acquired the first sunburn on the season, and am ready to crash, myself.  Not sure if the house cats will let me, though.  Haven't sat down and played with them, yet.  They're probably ready for it, and wide awake.  Wherever they're hiding.  Probably in the windows, teasing Roo and Dorian.


No comments:

Post a Comment