Happy Late Mothers day to all the human and fur moms!
Mine pretty well sucked, which is why this post is late. I started Sunday morning off mostly normal. Until I went to check on the Garage Kitties. Roo meet me on the sidewalk, with a chunk of soon missing from his tail-hip joint.
I still don't know what happened, and I'll skip over all the things relating to me freaking the f*** out. Just know that the vets were all closed and my attempt at first aid wasn't working.
I locked him in the garage, and in the morning it was worse. So, that afternoon (after more of me freaking out) we were at the vet getting stitches.
Roo is okay now, other than having a cone of shame and being confined to a crate/bedroom for at least the next 10-14 days.
Really, besides the cone, I think he's okay with it. He passed out good last night, slept so deep I want sure if he was alive until he finally cracked an eye long enough to get me to leave him alone. Probably the best sleep he's ever had, besides his power naps on my couch.
So, in all of this, I find out he adopted me.
When he first showed up last summer, a couple down the road were feeding him, and he spent most of his time there. I called to tell them I was taking him to the vet, and found out they thought he was gone, they haven't seen him in so long. Apparently, he had made my home his own.
Guess I should have gotten the hint when he broke in last summer. Silly me.
No comments:
Post a Comment