No, this isn't an episode of The Simpsons. I wish it were. Still having issues with my idiopathic urticaria.
But, that's irrelevant.
Things are pretty much normal around here. D-dog is enjoying being able to go outside without freezing. The house cats are napping in sunny windows. And the garage kitties are just napping in the sun.
It's been a little cooler the last few days (even snowed the other day! WTH, Mother Nature?!), and Smoak decided it would be wise to move back into the garage. I saw him stalking a squirrel this morning, until the squirrel hopped on a tree. Apparently, Smoak did not like his last tree climbing experience, because he just chattered (a cat's version of swearing, I've decided), and then went back into the garage. "You're not worth my time, rodent. I'm going back to bed."
Made some peanut butter dog treats today. They're actually to hand out as "samples" for my communications class this Tuesday. For our final, we have to do a presentation on a "process paper". Being the compulsive creature person that I am, of course my topic was pet related. Besides the recipe, I did some research on a couple of related subjects and found some interesting information. I may post it later.
So, apparently it's going to be an obnoxious tick season. I've already pulled two off of D, and found a third on my sweater. Luckily, the mosquitoes aren't too bad yet. Hopefully, the light frost we had the other night was enough to keep them in check.
I'm taking a few days off this week, hoping to get some stuff done around the house. I got The Pit cleaned out last weekend, and a pile of sand stone rocks brought over from mom and dad's. I'm hoping to turn it into a rock-herb garden. I know I want a lot of mint and rosemary. Rosemary is supposed to keep those blood-sucking skeeters away, and mint ... well, who needs a reason for mint? I'll probably put in more catnip, just because. Other than that, what goes in will be determined by what kind of mood I'm in when I go to the nursery.
Also, need to get my bat box put up. It's been sitting in the basement for too long now. Time to get it on the tree and hope some bats move in. Because, bats are awesome.
Have a good week! I'll try to check in once I get something accomplished. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment