So, dinner time turned into a nightmare. I went to feed the garage kitties, and D decided it would be fun to tree Smoak.
Two cans of food, a very unstable ladder, and an hour and a half later, he is out of the tree. He more fell/crawled than climbed down, but he made it and didn't look like he hurt himself. Of course, he ran like hell and hid, but he seemed okay. I took his food to his hideout, hopefully he'll get it before one of the other boys has it. They had theirs already.
I think Smoak and Roo have some sort of bond/friendship. I've seen them play together once, and tonight, I saw him climb up the tree next to the one Smoak was in, look across, and just sit there, waiting. I called him down, and he got up, stood directly across from Smoak, started, backed up, started again, and then came down. It honestly seemed like he was trying to show him what to do. I've seen Roo in a tree before, it still scares me, but he knows his way around. And finally, Smoak did it. Not nearly as gracefully as Roo, but that was irrelevant.
Then, Roo followed me to take his food to him, and stood near his hiding place, like he was keeping guard.
It was a nerve wracking, but surreal experience, seeing them interact like that. It may have just been me seeing what I wanted to in it, but I know animals have connections with us and each other that we don't understand, and I honestly think Roo really was trying to help him.
I am exhausted, and kinda chilly. I think it is definitely time for bed, now that I know everyone is on the ground and safe.
Tomorrow is going to be a long day.
No comments:
Post a Comment