But, before all that happened, I got to spend some time outside with the critters. D was out playing and sniffing THINGS, because that's what dogs do. Roo and Dorian decided they were going to follow me around the yard. At least, until they found a warm spot in the grass to hang out and sunbathe.
Dorian is in serious need of a good brushing this weekend. He got a really thick coat this winter, and it's starting to shed and get static. He's been wanting a lot of attention lately, so I doubt it'll be hard getting him to comply. :)
Roo, on the other hand, probably not so much. He likes scratches, but he'd rather play than hold still. Unless.... he's found the couch. And then, you could probably give him a cloth-bath and he likely wouldn't move. So far, he's passed out for a full four hours before I've had to put him back outside so I could either go to bed or had to leave.Yeah, he gets comfy.
Apparently, that's a thing, right now. Because Zizi and D-dog both have a thing for this pillow. Zi usually kneads and purrs at it. D just has a snuggle. Probably her not-so-subtle hint that it's past our bed time, and I'm still sitting at the "attention-stealing-clicky-screeny-thing."Smoak has surprised me. I thought for sure he'd have packed up and moved on, now that it's warmer. I guess I underestimated the power of the cat bed. Or maybe reliable meals. Either way, he's stuck around, and has now joined the other two in hanging out at my doorstep. Unlike them, he runs when I open the door, instead of trying to come in. We'll see if that's still true in a couple more months. :) I almost had a good picture of him hanging out in the yard, but then he realized I was getting the camera out and took off. But, I did manage to get a closer shot while he was eating. Seems to be the only time he holds still long enough.
I actually saw him playing with Roo the other day. It was adorable. Roo and Dorian usually just gripe at each other, so I was rather shocked to see these two being nice. I'm thinking Smoak is younger than Roo, since he seemed to be the one starting it. But, it's hard to tell, since I still can't get close enough long enough to determine anything. Although.... I did get to touch him the other day, for about half a second, on the ear. Hey, it's progress. I'm calling it a win.
Alright. Update accomplished. Bedtime. Work. And maybe finally getting to those nip toys.


.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment