(look for weekend updates)

Saturday, March 14, 2015

The Gargoyle of Oz

It's been a long week.

The weather is finally clearing up, and the garage cats are starting to spend more time outside of the garage than in it.  Roo and Dorian have been camping out on my porch, both of them trying to make their way inside.  Roo comes in for visits every now and then, but Dorian usually doesn't come to the door.  But, apparently, he does now.  He has actually tried to come in a couple of times this week, until he got a face full of Maddie cat, and then decided against it.

Roo, however, has made himself comfy.  He's currently curled up on the couch, taking a nap.  He snuck in when dad came over to fix a broken light switch, and I was busy sweeping. Now, it's an experiment to see how long he hangs out before he decides he wants to go back outside.

I thought Smoak had left me, already.  I hadn't seen him since Tuesday afternoon.  He showed up again, yesterday, though.  I put out a plate of gushy food, and he let me get close enough to touch his ear for just a second before he backed up and hid.  I saw him again this morning, too.  So, maybe he's going to hang around.  We'll see, I guess.

The garage flooded and dried out already.  Just have to wash their blankets this weekend, since most of them got used to block the doorways to keep out some of the water.  Going to look into some sort of run-off blocker specifically for garage doors, as soon as I get my truck repairs paid off.  That was a fun bit of drama; I'll spare you the details and just say this: Fix-it ticket for a bad break-light turned into almost 5 hours at the repair shop.  Not cool.

So, Zizi has been practicing her audition for the remake of Wizard of Oz... or Wicked... or... some other production that needs a Wicked Witch to get crushed by something.

The blanket was hanging off the edge of the couch, and she decided she was just going to sprawl out under it.  I lifted it up, and she gave me a "what? i'm comfy." look. So, back went the blanket, and back to sleep went Zi.  She's done this a few times.  I don't get it, but, whatever.

And Roo is sharpening his Basement Cat skills, or rather, his impersonation of a gargoyle.


I came home to him perched like this the other day, and have found him chilling out quite often.  Apparently, this railing is comfy.




No comments:

Post a Comment