(look for weekend updates)

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Sundog

I tried to get a picture of D being happy today, since it IS Sundog.  But, she wasn't having it.  Every time I tried, she moved. Go figure.  So, here's an old one of her being Dally, the Adventure Dog.

And speaking of happy... I am convinced there is nothing happier than a dog who knows it's playtime.  Between the grin and the tail that's wagging so fast it's a wonder it hasn't fallen off yet... Nope. Not much happier than that.

Except... maybe a cat "helping" change the bed sheets.  *sigh*  I swear, Itty has an extra sense that goes bananas whenever I'm trying to change the bedding.  He could be clear across the house, sawing logs, and as soon as the bed gets stripped... here he comes!  And he just HAS to get under EVERY blanket I put on.  The fitted sheet - he's under it.  The flat sheet - he's under it.  The blanket - he's under it.  The comforter - yup. He's under it.

I don't like to pile too many on top of him, because it gets heavy.  I know he's fine, and I'm right there, but still.  When I pull the blankets back to let him out from under them, he gives me a look that says something like, "Mom! What the hell? I'm playing, here!"  And then he comes out, and it starts all over again.  And looks something like this:



I am exhausted tonight, and really shouldn't be.  I got a lot done, but not enough to explain why I'm ready to fall asleep at the keyboard.  Guess it's just been a long week.  And D watching me with sleepy eyes isn't helping.  So much for staying up to watch the mid-season premier of The Walking Dead.  If I don't go crash, *I* will be walking dead. :)

Be careful, tomorrow.  Weather is supposed to get nasty again tonight.  Someone seriously needs to take away Old Man Winter's viagra....

No comments:

Post a Comment