(look for weekend updates)
Sunday, February 1, 2015
Gloomy Sunday
Zizi napping by the window, dreaming of Spring. Or at least, that's what I would probably be dreaming about if I were napping by a window overlooking excessive amounts of snow.
None of the furkids are any happier about the weather than I am. It's up to D's belly in spots, and even with her sweater on, she got cold while she was helping momma shovel (aka, playing). Roo just about has to burrow through it, it's almost over his head. Dorian... he decided he's not getting out of bed today. Totes don't blame him. Sounds like a good idea to me.
And the squirrels. Poor things are staying to the trees. They can't even hop through it.
Had to go have a chat with the neighbor today. Their dog was in my yard again, right up at my gate. They have a pit bull, who got into an altercation with D this past fall, which luckily didn't come to anything other than growls and snarls, and me laying on top of D trying to keep her safe. Because, yeah. I'm THAT kind of pet parent. I got scolded for putting myself in danger, but dammit, I'm gonna save my dog any way I have to.
Anyway... I explained myself civilly, and she understood. So, hopefully this will be the end of it. I don't like starting - or being part of - drama. But, I have to protect mine, whatever it takes. Especially since the garage kitties door is only a few feet from the fence gate. Their door is inside the fence, but that doesn't mean anything.
Don't get me wrong, I actually rather like the dog. She's generally really sweet, and really playful. But, dogs - all dogs - can be unpredictable, and after last fall, it just makes me nervous. I don't want to see either of our dogs, or my cats, get hurt.
So. That was our afternoon. D's curled up on her bed at my feet. Zizi is still sleeping by the window. Mads is on the back of the couch, I think I saw Itty getting into bed earlier. Not sure where Mars and Gremlin are hanging out. Probably somewhere comfy.
I'm going to go finish laundry and get ready for The Game. :)
Have a great week, everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment