(look for weekend updates)

Saturday, January 31, 2015

411 and things

Apparently, I have a garage kitty with an unhappy tummy.  Found a couple of piles waiting for me last night and this afternoon.  Unfortunately, I have no idea which one it is.  Roo and Dorian both seem fine, so I'm guessing it's probably Smoak, the kitten formerly known as New Girl.  Also, I got a better look at Smoak in the light, and realized his tail has tabby rings.  That's right, HIS tail.  I am no longer convinced he's a female.  Considering Roo and Dorian are both confirmed males, and they're not all over Smoak, and now I know the markings are tabby, not tortie, the chances are greater that he's a male, also.

This relieves me.

I do Not. Need. Grandkiddens.

So, why the name Smoak, then?  Because it's androgynous and fits his colors.  Forget the fact that I decided on the name before I received the new evidence.  I like it. It's staying.  Like he cares, anyway. :)  It certainly beats NG. And, it could totally have been worse.  Like... Henry. Or Basil. Yes, I even considered Sybil.  (If you're rolling your eyes or groaning in a "are you freaking kidding me?" kind of way right now, you know me far, far too well.)

In other news... I learned about the existence of a new-to-me endangered species, called the African Golden Cat.  Beautiful creatures. I'm not sure which I'm more partial to, now.  The Golden or the Sand Cat.

Anyway.  Getting back closer to home, Here's a "save the date" for you - Saturday, Feb. 14.  Yes, Valentine's day.  Also known as Paws & Claws Expo day! 10-2 pm at the fairground.  I will be there.

Also, in fundraising news, Paws in the Park has apparently been set for Saturday, June 6 from 11-2. Not many other details out yet, and I haven't decided if I'm participating this year.  Jury's still in deliberation on that one.  But, if someone else was wanting to, it probably wouldn't take a lot of arm twisting. ;)

I need to get to doing my homework, so I will leave you with this:
Teh Kreashun of teh Noms Giver



No comments:

Post a Comment